Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My God is so Big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do

Oh my.  A thought NOT my own. As I fast-walked my way to the summer kitchen, appreciating the sunshine and beautiful fall day the song popped into my head... "My God is so Big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do" (Samuel is heavily immersed right not in the Story of David and Goliath, in my mind that story connects my thinking to the song, I'm pretty sure)  The next thought though, that I'm pretty sure was not generated by my own thinking but that of the Spirit... God IS big, and strong and mighty, and there is nothing He cannot do...even when it means he has to tell me NO, His treasured child (because He sent His Son to die for me~ I must be very precious indeed).  Anyone who has raised children, or had any part in the influence/ discipline/ instruction of children has had to exercise great self restraint in saying NO and sticking to it.  Even when it's in the very best interest of the child.  I know my Heavenly Father has love for me that I cannot begin to understand.  Perfect love.  That makes me think He must have to consistently say no, and mean no, and stick to "no" when it's in my best interest not to have a specific plea granted.  He loves me that much.  Enough to say no and mean it.  And in my fleshly mind, with my flesh heart always second guessing my motives where my responses to others are concerned, that virtue of sticking to that decision is an awesome accomplishment.  My God is so....awesome.  wow.

No comments: