Thursday, January 9, 2014

Perished Power


Cheerful Servant
Cheer
Rom 6:6  knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 
Rom 6:7  For he who has died has been freed from sin. 

Intentional Living #4 Perished Power
Death to self absorbed plans and purposes.  Resolve to put away self striving, self motivated efforts powered by drive from within to be right or to be in control.  And wisdom, His wisdom to know and understand that that death only comes about by full surrender to His Spirit's control.  Without that, one becomes weary in well doing, very quickly.

Lots of opportunity
Intentionally letting go of the things that my flesh wants to make a big deal. Material things.  Temporal things. Things that money can replace. Or not.  Things that in the grand scheme of life are less significant than I make them.  Intentionally letting go of wrong passions....  Strongly felt emotions that originate in the mindset that I deserve honor, respect and love  that result in actions that are less than Christ like as I seek to fulfill those voids.   From God's perspective I only deserve His judgement.  Because of His love for me ... that I do not deserve but He has given because I am His creation...He wants my heart, my devotion, my commitment to His plan and purpose.  And He wanted it enough to make a way, at His great expense, for me to have fellowship with Him restored.  

So, putting that principle of death to self in action, it would look like this:  intentionally planning to minister and serve others even though it might cost giving up what I would choose in my flesh.  My flesh would choose those activities that would give satisfaction, comfort and pleasure for a purely self motivated goal.   And intentionally setting aside my scheming and my own effort to accomplish that goal in my own strength recognizing that if it's done in flesh style, by my strength, I'll run out of motivation and energy and fail.  Again.  

And building on previous Intentional Living,  Reviewing my personal choices  I will ask now for discernment and wisdom to make this day one that will honor and glorify the Lord, in word and deed, by His strength and power, to accomplish His work in me and through me.  

Now, I can begin my day.  And watch expectantly for His provision and blessing, and with thanksgiving receive what He has for me.


No comments: